Sunday, April 10, 2016

Bangkok continue...dinner in Siam & Khaosan

 
Every single day, after a long walk visiting attraction spots, I really looked forward for a nice and delicious dinner. I didn't mind to indulge so much at night in Bangkok, as I know I will be walking a lot again the next day. A huge varieties of food can be found in the buzzing Siam area.

I had my share of super delicious Tom Yam Kung, Fried water convolvulus and sautéed mushroom in a restaurant at Siam area on the first evening I was in Bangkok. I walked a little bit after the dinner, observing the night life in the city before another indulgence at Mango Tango.

Super delicious Tom Yam Kung

Fried water convolvulus and sautéed mushroom
Life is sweet indeed!!

Modernized Sticky Mango desert at Mango Tango
 Mango Tango is new café (2 outlets in Bangkok and one in Chiang Mai) which introduce the famous Thai's sticky mango in a fresh, different and modern ways. Their café has such a modern setting, interesting concept interior which is trendy especially for young customers. They have all sorts of mango based desert which not only look appetizing but really taste like heaven :) . I had a big plate of the combo.


This one is the branch at Siam Square, always full house

I like the interior design of the café


On the 2nd day, I was in Siam area again to visit Erawan Shrine. I had early dinner at the street market along the walkway in front of the shopping malls in the area. If you are lucky you will encounter these street market among the malls, in the middle of the cities, but if not ,you can always go to the night market areas.
They had a lot of local food choices , but I decided to have fried squid eggs and the traditional version of sticky mango (again!). That was a simple but delicious dinner, and I was glad that I tried the fried squid eggs for the first time. 


sweet dried fruits

 
Fried Quail eggs and fried squid eggs. I bought my dinner here :)
It's only B40 for the smaller pack. That was more
that enough for me though.
Delicious!
Thailand seem to have the best mango araound
 
Sticky rice followed after the squid eggs
Roasted chicken
they used this to roast the chickens
 
Refreshing young coconut juice after the dinner
 
You can easily find Durian everywhere in this city
The fruits looked fresh and good. Fruits are cheap in Thailand.

After I  was done with dinner and observing Erawan Shrine,  I made my way to Chit Lom BTS station and took the skytrain to Asok. I met Kes at the connecting MRT Sukhumvit station, before both of us board the train to Hua Lamphong station. Arrived the station, we straight away looked for tuk tuk to bring us to the backpackers heaven, Khaosan. It took some bargaining to agree on the fare of the tuk tuk. It has to be done before you get on to the vehicle...agreed on the fare price first. We were lucky, on the second try we got the driver who agreed with B100. It took us 20 minutes to get to Khaosan.
There are choices of other transportations too...taxis were queuing up  along the road near the exit of MRT stations. We could see the motorbike taxi guys waiting in a group nearby too. 
Tuk tuk that brought us to Khaosan.
The ride was fast and fun.

Khaosan is a busy area which is lifely at night.
This is where a lot of budget and backpackers hotels located. 
We can see how lifely and busy this place is.
There is night market every night, and the area also has a lot of night clubs and pubs.
A delicious looking crispy pancake filled with mango and jackfruit
There are many lights decoration along the road around  Khaosan
 
We spent about an hour an so walking around observing the crowds and feeling the lifely vibes, before we grab some snacks and coconut juice at the street side. We made our way home to Ratchadaphisek by taxi. It was only B145 for 1.5 hour of journey. Metered taxi fare are considered cheap in Bangkok, you just need to be sure where is your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment